Single wide heating/cooling duct

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mrjinx

I am having some issues with my A/C this summer not cooling well. It can cool and maintain, but it never really shuts off until night once it kicks on in the afternoon heat.

I have a serviceman coming in a couple of days to look at it, and charge the freon if needed.

Well now to the point of the question.

I also found out in the last couple of days a Raccoon family decided that my home's underbelly would make a great place to live. I have since evicted the raccoons, but not before they insured that I spend my upcoming vacation patching holes in my underbelly. I have noticed that one of my vents in the home doesn't seem to have as much air pressure as the other vents, but it could have always been like this and I never noticed it until now that I am preoccupied with my A/C unit. The duct looks to be solid metal, but I have been reading about flex vents and crossover vent, but the best I can tell those apply to double wides.

Do you single wides have all metal ducts, or do they use flex ducts as well? I am hoping that the raccoons haven't tore one up for me. I really don't want to crawl under there and look just yet, until I am certain all the little bandits are out(there might be one left) so I don't have to tack on a trip to the emergency room to this little endeavor as well.

If it helps my home is a '99 Chandeleur.

Anyway thanks in advance, and thanks for the great resource.

Joe
Robert

Hi Joe,

If your registers are in a row down center or close to center of home, should be either all metal or duct board, whichever your mfg. uses, but no flex.

If unit has low charge, be sure they look for the leak and repair if needed/feasible.

Thanks for inquiring and you're very welcome.

Go to top HVAC link, then Articles to see great resources for keeping a/c clean and blower clean plus A-Coil.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?