Evcon Deluxe Blend Air II

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

goingnuts

Hope you can help me with my prob....Evcon Deluxe Blend Air II-model 7681-8171/B.
Have had two repairmen here and the prob still exists. Attic fan, blower motor, and upper and lower control boards have been replaced.
My story: The alarm went off, we turned the alarm button off and, of course, the red light still flashes. All of the above work has been done. The attic fan runs 24/7 and the alarm and red flashing light are still on. We also noticed that the damper never opens, no matter what the settings are. On the two pale blue wires going to the damper, we get a 24V reading on one side and 0 on the other. All other readings appear normal.
Oh yes, we also moved the "test" clip. When we did, the alarm went off, but the red light stayed flashing. Then it came back on at a soft volume. We bumped the box putting it back on and the volume got very loud again......help.
Robert

Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Mark
Site Admin

When all else seems to fail, we've had some success with replacing the wiring harness that goes from the lower board to the upper board. A little corrosion on those ends can set off alarms. 7681-327P would be the harness for your system, available here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanBlendAir.html

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!