Bathtub Faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

LisaBoyer

Hello all,

We are attempting to change the Bathtub faucet in the guest bathroom (regular tub/shower combo). The previous owner changed out the Master Bath Faucet, by cutting a hole into the wall from behind. We have no such luck in the Guest BR, the faucet is against the wall that houses our water heater, so without moving that, we are unable to come at this from behind.

The only video I can find online, says in MH's you ALWAYS have to come from behind, BUT....I read in an article that sometimes there are screws on the bottom of the faucet, that enable you to remove the unit without cutting holes. I found a screw hole, I think, but before I take this off and mess something up that I can't fix, I wanted to ask here.

Are there faucets that can be changed out by unscrewing the little screw at the bottom?
ponch37300

Pictures would really help. But both of mine I had to come from behind, there was no way to do it from the front.
bobfather99

The "little screws at the bottom" may be the setscrews that stop the fixture covers from rattling/coming loose. Have a look at the wall behind the faucet, you may be able to remove some trim and pull the entire panel out to reach the faucet from behind. I dont think youll be able to get everything replaced without getting to the fixture from behind the wall.
Tip your bartender.....
Steve-WA

I agree with bobfather - open the hot water tank (HWT) breaker, partially drain & disconnect, and pull it out of the way to do it right. It wont take long to pull it & put it back; certainly not as long as monkeying around it