belly Insulation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dogbone

Hello just a quick question should i insulate between the main duct and plumbing pipes? grey pipe on the right and duct work on the left or is this factory installed this way? here is a pic of what i mean.replacing subfloor and look what i found thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

You want the warm air to reach the pipes to keep them from freezing. The insulation should hang UNDER the joists like a blanket held up by the belly material.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dogbone

Thank you greg but the belly butts right too the joist do they sell some thin insulation because i would think thicker insulation would block warm air too pipes thanks.
Greg

Do you have a fabric belly material or the old solid buffalo board (a fiber board sheet)?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dogbone

Greg wrote:Do you have a fabric belly material or the old solid buffalo board (a fiber board sheet)?

Greg
It's fabric greg thanks
flcruising

Unfortunately, that's how they insulate these floors from the factory. If you can press some R-11 un-faced insulation in there under the joists parallel with the pipes, then I would take the opportunity and apply some between each joist as well. About half of my house now has pipe insulation and batt insulation between the joists. Our feet thank us in the winter.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
dogbone

Thank you flcruising great idea between the joist thank you soo much now time to start insulating and putting down plywood. :P