finish bottom framing of screen porch

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Buddy

Can you please tell what would be the best way to finish the inside bottom half of a screened porch. Right now it is just the frame work showing and we would like to make it look better. What should be used for the ceiling o cover the framing?
Greg

Hi & welcome. Lots of options here, can you post a couple of pictures?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Buddy

I am sorry I can not do any pictures because we will not be at the mobil for another 2 or 3 weeks.
I will try to describe how it looks now. On the outside there is vinyl siding matching the home, from the inside you will see the plywood and the 2 x 4s and 4 x4s. It is 4 ft. and then the screen.
I do not know if this is enough information for you to answer. If not I will have to wait till we are at the mobil. Thanks for your help.
Greg

off the top of my head with no pictures, some type of paneling or bead board may be the easiest thing to put up. How much weather does the inside get?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
flcruising

Since you describe this as a screen porch, this suggests that it's still exposed to the elements one way or another. I recommend you finish this with exterior materials (like vinyl siding) coordinating with the outside of your home, as you will have the best durability and least maintenance requirement. Vinyl soffit could be used for the ceiling, and the lower walls finished on the inside just like the outside. Thin sheathing should be applied first to block critters from nesting as well. Or you could use paneling (or FRP) like Greg mentioned, just be sure to use material suitable for wet locations.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]