Water -- Slow-moving!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Psaltee

Put new plumbing in the house and have realized that the water pressure throughout the house seems to be flowing at a moderate to good rate. However, that is not our experience with the kitchen sink faucet. We have been troubleshooting the plumbing, water pressure, hardware even the faucet itself only to come away with slow-flowing water. Neither cold nor hot flow at a good clip. Took out the restrictor thinking that would help. Seems like we're at a dead end. Any ideas out there? However we can resolve this would benefit others I'm sure. Appreciate your experience.

psaltee
bobfather99

Remove and clean the screen at the very end of the faucet, then start working back from there. Check the fixture internally for gunk or obstructions, something might have worked loose during the plumbing work. Check the hot and cold shut-offs under the sink, if equipped. Keep working backwards until you find the problem. It could be something as simple as a blockage or a kinked line, or even shut-offs not opened all the way(which happened to me once, lol!!)
Tip your bartender.....
JD
Site Admin

You might want to check what your current water volume is at the sink to see how much additional water you can get. Modern kitchen faucets re restricted to 2.2 gallons per minute. Fill a bucket for 1 minute and see how much water you are getting now.

I had this problem once and it ended up being a faulty faucet. The spigot that you see and push from one side of the sink to the other isn't actually what was carrying the water. Inside the spigot you see was a 3/8" copper tubing that actually contained the water and it was bent/kinked almost closed. Replaced the faucet with the same unit and it worked fine. I had spent a lot of time trying to find the problem. Eventually, I put the old leaky faucet back on and saw that the problem was definitely the faucet.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Psaltee

Hey Guys,

I appreciate your input and experience. I'm working to resolve the problem and will fill you in on how it works out. Its always something obvious that causes the problem. Surely we have found the solution. Thanks again for your timely advice.

psaltee
Greg

If you have the gray plastic bodied valves under the sink, get rid of them. They have been known to do weird things such as the problems you are having, many times after you shut them off they don't fully open.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

Yep, had that happen to me with those plastic valves. I was able to unscrew the handle, rotate the valve a little more open, then reinstall the handle in the new position.