low water pressure in kitchen faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Psaltee

In the process of r/r plumbing throught the house and am wondering why the water pressure at the kitchen sink is the only place that seems to lack pressure. All the faucets work really well. The kitchen faucet works welll. The water pressure is the question. Any ideas. In terms of plumbing we have replace some lines and all the valves and it happens that the kitchen faucet is the first in line from the rest of the house and since the rest of the house is working well why is it that the kitchen faucet has such a low water pressure. We have been deliberate in using the right materials and have been troubleshooting our work and are a bit perplexed. Ideas?
Thank you
Greg

It could be a faucet related problem, like a restriction in the faucet, a shutoff valve @ the faucet or possibly the aerator (screen) on the end of the faucet could be partially clogged.

Use only Brass or stainless shutoffs, plastic body valves tend to fail when you need them the most.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

Start with the easy stuff first, aerator in the faucet. Then work your way up the water line until you find your obstruction.
Tip your bartender.....
1987Commodore

Do you have a sprayer at that sink? I had a diverter valve go bad causing low pressure on mine.
JD
Site Admin

The spigot you look at is rarely the actual part carrying the water. Most modern faucets will use a 3/8 copper line from the valve body through the spigot you see. This tube could be kinked, restricting the volume of water flow.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.