Coleman Evcon DGAT070BDC please help

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

terrifromohio

Just replaced the ignition module, parts that have been replaced limit switch, purge motor relay and thermostat.
Furnace is still doing same thing thermostat will read 73, it is 73 in the house. furnace kicks on is on for 2 minutes then kicks off. What else could it be? It is blowing warm air when it runs. Are there any other switches. relays that could cause this? Furnace is going on every ten minutes.
gordo48111

If it is maintaining the temperature setpoint as you stated, there may not be a problem. It is in the 20s here in Michigan and my furnace is running every 20 minutes for 10 minutes. Has anything been repaired/replaced? What kind of a cycle time did you have before?
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
gordo48111

I see you did mention some parts have been replaced. What make/model of t-stat was installed?
Robert

Furnace burner and blower kick on or JUST the blower ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
terrifromohio

burner and blower both are coming on. Here what happens, furnace will kick on, burner will come on be on for about a minute before blower starts, then burner will go exactly two minutes then it kicks off, blower continues to run for another minute or so. I am noticing the flame starts to turn orange in the burner right before it kicks off.
This whole cycle takes about 3 minutes, never any longer. It is in the 20`s here in Ohio.
Robert

Check flue pipe and roof jack for blockage, separation or damage. Check burner tube and burner orifice/spud for blockages. Orifice/spud look for spider-web-bugs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
terrifromohio

How hard is it to replace the burner assembly? Is there an igniter attached to that or perhaps a flame sensor that could be causing this problem? What ever is done I will either have to decide to call ANOTHER HVAC person to come out or decide whether to replace the whole furnace.
This will be the fifth time I have had someone out and I have my doubts as to if they can find the solution. I am afraid this rapid cycling of the furnace is going to cause other problems with it.
Robert

Depends on your mechanical ability. Yes there is an ignitor and a remote sensor.

Could be things mentioned earlier or one of those two.

Will need someone to electrically test the circuits to know what is going on.

Thanks,
Robert
gordo48111

In what part of Ohio are you located exactly?
terrifromohio

I am in Columbus