Coleman EB15B Limit Switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jvaughan

I have a coleman EB15B electric furnace about 8 years old. Last year there was a problem with the furnace and I found that the limit switch and a couple of wires had burned up. I ordered some limit switches 024-35596-000 and some thermo plastic wire from you and replaced this. The unit seemed to work very good for quite some time, then we got up sunday morning to the smell of what smelled like burning plastic. I checked the furnace and the limit switch had burned up again. This time it seemed to burn quite a bit hotter as there was alot more that was burnt than last time. My question is what could be causing these switches to burn out like this? Any suggestions would be helpful.
I am also curious about why the middle of the three limit switches would not be hooked to the breaker. The schematic shows it should connect to the top breaker but there is not a wire connecting the two? Is it because of blower speed settings, or something else.
James
furnace.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

All limits should be wired/connected to a breaker. Would need to know amp draw to know why the wires are overheating.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?