Coleman G8C/FG8 Series Model

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mfrankkstone

My Coleman Furnace operates normally (burner lights with no problem) for roughly 15 minutes providing heat. It then shuts off prior to reaching the temperature set on the thermostat. When I look at the furnace diagnostic code, it flashes 7 times. After the one hour ignition lockout it starts up again with no problem but repeats the cycle listed above. Thank you.
Robert

I don't have the codes list with me right now. What does the 7 flashes mean ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mfrankkstone

Robert,
Seven flashes is: one hour ignition lockout - Burner failed to light in three tries - check gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve operation, flame sensor. I am confused because it stops working and flashes this code after it has been running properly for approximately 15 minutes. It then lights again with no delay after the one hour lockout period is over. Thank you for your time.
Robert

Inspect the burner orifice/spud behind gas valve for spider-web-bug blockage.

Inspect burner tube for any clogs.

It could be the above, those you listed or even a bad board giving false sisgnal.

May take an hvac tech to thoroughly test the cycle and circuits ops to find problem area.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?