Auxiliary Limit Switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jstep

Coleman DGAT070BTF

About 3 years or so ago this furnace was subject to the DGAT Recall and kit 37323712001 was installed. Included in the kit was an Auxiliary limit switch located between the burner and the right side wall. This switch recently failed, causing the indicator light to flash four times. Preventing the furnace from operating.
I cannot locate the parts number of this switch. If I could obtain it I am sure I could replace the failed original.

Can you tell me this number? Or must I go through the recall procedure again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
John
Robert

Hi John,

I replied to an earlier email.

There is a limit switch beside the control box on the furnace. If the one needed is not that one, then you will have to use the link I sent to contact them and find out the p/n needed.

I do not deal with the recalls other than informing customers of the program and therefore do not know what is include and installed with the recall.

We can supply the part, once we know what the p/n is.

IF you remove the limit and give me all the info/numbers on it, may can know which one it is that way.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jstep

Hi,
Just to repeat myself and include the numbers on the switch...

A few years ago my Coleman Evcon furnace, DGAT070BTF, was the subject of a recall. As part of the recall an "Auxiliary" limit switch was added. The switch is attached to a sheet metal assembly and rests against the right side of the heat exchanger. It is pop riveted to the sheet metal assembly.

The switch has failed, will not reset, and is permanently open. Can you find me a replacement?

Numbers located on the switch;
36THVH26
626-39464-000-
AO431

I thank you in advance for your help.

John Stephens
127 Tyson Dr.
Cottage Grove
OR 97424
Robert

Hi John,

Those numbers are not showing up in data base. Your furnace does not have a limit between burner and wall originally.

Therefore, as stated earlier, you will have to call the number at the link or email them and they can tell you the limit switch part number used in the recall.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?