NEED HELP!!!!! Water!!!!!Damage

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

crackur

Ok, I went into my little washer and dryer room and noticed some buckling in the laminate but thought nothing of it since my cat stays in there.

Well I went in there tonight and I heard a noise of water leaking from a hose, I checked the hoses to the washer and they were fine, and then hookups to the wall fine......however, the hookups have hoses running down the wall is where I found the problem

the hot water one is either loose or something wrong with the seal. I currently have the water turned off from outside until I have daylight to work with.

My big problem is.......the water is under the laminate in the room.......and in the cracks of the wall ........and my kitchen is connected to that room and it has vinyl tile and I see a little water when I press hard on some of the lines in the tile.

What am I going to do/ have to do to fix this? I'm totally screwed!

Please give me any help whatsoever to go on by, I don't want to have to replace everything. I'm getting ready to have a kid and I can't afford much.

I'm nervous
crackur

I don't want the water to keeping seeping into other rooms and making it a bigger problem

Forgot to mention

its a doublewide on a block foundation.

when I press down on part of the kitchen tile it will seep a lil if I press reallllllllllllllllllllly hard in a cpl spots. More in a direct line with the door of the washer and dryer room

I don't know what to do, I tried taking up a piece of the tile in the kitchen but I can't unless I break it. Its like laminate tile I guess. I can feel under it and its slightly wet

One good news I think, or hope is, it was laid over linoleum so the water is probably trapped on it I would presume and soaking into the tile itself and not the subfloor

I did see a break in the linoleum like an inch or smaller where the transition piece between the two rooms connect, I lifted the tile up from there and using a fan on it.......however, the water is still trapped under the floor.......I guess it will eventually soak up and dry itself out however, I will have to replace some of it.

Let me know any advice and help you can give me
crackur

ok I believe I got the leak fixed it was a seal deterioating in the water hose to the turn on/off valve. Now I have to worry about the floor etc.

Its a 1987 doublewide, I think its plywood because that is what I seen from under the house when I repaired the barriers.......as well as when the guys put down carpet it looked like reg plywood. Could it be ? I mean it would make me feel better about knowing I had to put down a new floor over it than to have to tear it up if I have too.......the linoleum under the laminate should help some from keeping the water from really reach it
Greg

OK, what you need to do is get things dried out. You may want to pull up the laminate, that's one of the great things about it you can pull it up. I would use some fans and get the air moving, with any luck you caught it soon enough to limit the damage. If it is indeed plywood you may be home free!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
crackur

I am trying to dry it out as best as I can, and I can't pull it up because it has a washer and dryer and its a very small room and I can't move them anywhere else..........! GR! and the one in the kitchen where it seeped a lil I tried to pull it up but can't where its interlocked, and I dont have no help to move the frig or the heavy dining table (yeah a few hundred pds).

I'm just hoping I was right and its plywood or atleast it doesnt get damaged. I am currently looking at floor to replace those two rooms ........so maybe I will be ok .......I hope
JD
Site Admin

You can take your chances, but I think the all laminate over moisture needs to be pulled up.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
crackur

I agree, but do you want to drive to VA and help me move all this stuff? lol
its me and a pregnant wife.......I think my chances suck =(

I'm thinking the laminate will soak up the water, since the linoleum should protect the floor until I get help and more flooring for replacement