Deluxe Blend Air II

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

chkchkka

I have read the information from this web site on how to trouble-shoot my Coleman 7681-8171/B. Thought I would share some of the events that happened to get me here:

1) Prepared my AC for start-up. Changed the filters and had difficulty getting the upper door panel back on. One of the clips had broken off and I didn't realize it. So I guess I got a little rough to get it back on. Turned the AC on, and it ran about 10 minutes before the alarm went off. I shut off the AC and the alarm went off. I did a little investigating (this is when I found the broken piece on the door panel) and I turned on the fan. The Damper opened and it ran fine for 5 minutes and went into alarm. I turned the fan back to Auto. So now, my unit is in auto for fan, and off for heat/cool.

A couple of hours later, the unit went into alarm, so I moved the buttons for alarm and fresh air to off. The red light still flashes. The green light is on.

Today, I got curious as to why the green light is still on...no amber light. I tried the fan again, and the damper does not open. I hear a hum coming from the attic fan area.

Do you think I was too aggressive when I tried to get the upper door back on...I know electronics can be fragile?

I am waiting on the repairman to come.

Thank you for your assistance.
Robert

Possibly, but doubt it unless you were walloping it with a sledge hammer.

Too many variables to guess at what is causing it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
chkchkka

Thanks Robert. I hope I fixed this problem. The Maintenance guy came and fiddled with the ac/dc meter and told me the lower control board was bad. He left, so I tested it again. After Lower control board (AC worked, DC Didn't) I checked out the upper control board (AC worked, DC Didnt'). The Fan motor/wheel was so caked with dirt/dust/oil - was not running and very hot. I turned off the power and cleaned the heck out of it. Turned the power back on, Attic fan came on, Red light/alarm went off, green light still on. Amber lights comes on when damper opens.

Your detailed information worked. thanks Kerry
Robert

Hi Kerry,

Glad you got it taken care of, happy to help when I can.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?