Laundry stacked in corner- home vibrates

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

GraceNC

New flooring- 3/4 inch plywood, ensured all joists were in good shape. Leveled.

Kenmore Laundry Center comes in, stacked unit, and the home vibrates. Crown moldings and all are starting to crack at seams.

I put a piece of 3/4 inch plywood on top of the floor for extra support...but it still vibrates.

It is in the corner of the mobile home. I have the vibration pads, but after reading the forums have discovered this would only be a temporary fix.

I can't move the unit, but the repair guy is coming this morning to do some warranty work and he said he'd move it out to repair it....so this gives me some time to do something to the floor.

What should I do? I only have Lowes/Home Depot.

(The laundry area is in the 'closet' so there are 3 walls around the unit and there is only 2-3 inches clearance.... there is no way to get those pads under the unit...because when sliding in they will just move around. And there is no way to be 'beside' the unit to put them down since there is a wall. Could I put the squares down and then put 3/4 inch plywood on top of them? I'm even wondering if I should go by more to put down under the plywood)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harry

Hi

I have Sears biggest side by side. I put a heavy duty rubber mat down and 3/4 plywood on top of that. This helped approx 75%.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
flcruising

When you say leveled, are you referring to the home being leveled recently?
I think the next thing you could do is add some perimeter blocking underneath that area.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
GraceNC

The home has always been leveled, but I did have it checked. When I put down the new subfloor, it too was checked to be level (and of course it was), and when the laundry center was put it, it too was leveled.

I'll google 'perimeter blocking' and see what that means. The laundry center/closet is at the corner of the home so it's 2 outside walls are on top of the cinderblock foundation and then about 2 feet or so away is the 1st pile of cinderblocks that the trailer sits on.
Yanita

Hi,

I seriously doubt this unit would require perimeter blocking. I used to have one of these units and it practically walked across the floor everytime it went into the spin cycle. These laundry centers are very light weight in comparison to individual units...or at least mine was.We took the brackets from behind the stove that the stove was mounted to during transport and used them on the rear legs of the laundry center. We installed the vibration pads and that helped considerably.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
flcruising

I use jute carpet padding underneath my washer/dryer. Rarely do we feel vibration from the spin cycle. Jute allows you to slide the units, unlike rubber pads.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]