Coleman model7956A856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pendawg

I have a coleman furnacein an older trailer I just bought. I light the pilot and the burners kick on but once the desired temp is reached it goes off and the pilot goes out. I can light it again but it will run one cycle an thats it. So just when you think youare almost warm your cold again. It has a brand new gas valve on it so I assume the thermal coupling is too. If some one could tell me what part I need to buy to fix this problem I would be so happy. I already gave one man money for parts and haven't seen him since so I am going to do this myself if I am able.I would appreciate any input I could get. Thank You
Robert

Hi,

For what you're describing, you would need to have a " reputable" hvac tech do some tests to determine what it is or isn't doing.

Could be the gas valve even though it is new, thermocouple, combustion air problem, dirty pilot burner, pilot orifice, pilot tube or clogged burner orifice.

Check and clean the pilot burner.orifice and tube and the main burner orifice.

Check the roof-jack and flue from furnace for damage or clogs.

Make sure filter is clean.

If still doing it, time to call a hvac tech, NOT a rip off artist who took your money. They're out there if you look hard and ask around.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?