Intertherm model FEH-017HA-C

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

robwood

Hi there!
Am a little unsure as to if I am diagnosing my furnace problem right and thought I'd ask some people who seem to know alot about them.
I have an Intertherm furnace that keeps starting and shutting down the elements for no reason. Temp setting on the thermostat is at 68, and temperature is showing well above that, but the element keeps turning on and heating for about 10 seconds, shuts off for approx. 1-2 min., then cycles through again. This all happens without the blower turning on so you can imagine the heat that builds up!! Caught it on sunday morning and originally thought it was the thermostat, replaced the thermostat with a shiny new digital Honeywell and still got the same results. :cry:
I'm thinkin it's the sequencer, or after reading a couple posts, possibly a ground out on the element. Am I gettin close or wayyy out in left field? :)
How would I test for either situation would also be a big help since I don't have any REAL electrical background (ie. pieces of paper that say I am qualified to play with electricity :D ) but have worked with it enough to know when it's gonna hurt if you touch it and to use a tester rather than your fingers!

Thank you,
Bob
Robert

Hi Bob,

Go here to see how to remove blower assembly housing, then lean in and look down at elements to see if one has fallen and touching the element coils or side frames.

IF all is good, most likely the sequencer is bad.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
robwood

Thanks Robert,
Did that and everything looked ok. Found a sequencer here in town, just had to cross it over to a White-Rogers 24A34-37 and am having fun with that!!
Fan keeps running constantly now and won't shut off so have to figure out which wire is in the wrong place!! Lol. Fun stuff!
Imagine I have one of the wires going to the blower relay wrong so will just have to figure that out.
Thanks a bunch,

Bob
robwood

OK!! No laughing! :D
Pushing and holding the fan auto/on switch to the "auto" shut it off and is cycling properly. LOL.
Been laying on the floor looking at wiring diagrams when I finally tried that. :oops:
Simplest solution is usually the right one. :)

Thank you again,

Bob
Robert

Hi Bob,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?