Shut off valve for bathtub

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

spartan1m1c7

I'm living in a Clayton double wide that's about 3 yrs old and having trouble with a leaky bathtub faucet, cant really get anyone out here to fix it right now so I've been trying to find out if there is a shut off valve just for the bathtub faucet, I've looked underneath and checked for a panel in a closet that's behind the tub i haven't found any shut off yet. Is there even a shutoff just for the bathtub faucet?
Harry

Hi

Probably not. Sorry.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Hi & welcome. Mobile homes are notorious for lack of shutoffs, unless they are ordered special when built.
It would be a good idea for you to go through and add shutoffs over time. Make sure you put good quality shutoffs in, I prefer brass gate valves or 1/4 turn brass ball valves. Stay away from plastic body valves since the tend to fail when you need them most. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
tritontr

I don't believe I have ever seen a bathtub shutoff in a mobile home or site built house unless an owner specified one during construction or added one. There may be some where a local code requires them. Agree with Gregg if you install one use a quality ball valve.
Lorne

There should be an access panel at the end wall of the tub. Maybe a local handy man can pop 2 of them in.

I'm having 2 put in for my new shower. The plumber ask WHY I should want such a thing and I said, "to turn off the water", DAH.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
flcruising

Shutoff valves are found under sinks and toilets in all site-built homes per current building codes. Never included for a bathtub faucet unless you make a special request, but then there must be an access provided for them.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]