Weak water pressure

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Mary and Griffin

I'm not having exactly the same problem, but hoping someone can help me. The water pressure in kitchen sink and bathroom sink is fine. The "cold" water in the bathtub is fine. The "hot" water is turned on all the way and only a small stream comes out. It makes it almost impossible to take a shower, and forget ever taking a bath. Any help?
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
Yanita

Hi,

I separated your post from the other thread. They are not the same problem, although similar.

We encourage members to start there own threads, even though similar they are different and may require different answers. Also this enables you to get the help you need without being confused by answers that may not apply to your situation.

Thanks Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Since it sounds like it is only on the hot side of the tub faucet, I would look at the faucet. It could be a washer or cartridge problem. Greg
Last edited by Greg on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
oldfart

Hmmmmm...? Well M'am I'll have to agree with Greg up to a point. I think the problem is isolated to the "tub" hot water faucet...not the "fub" faucet..as Greg mentioned. (what the.....Greg..where's yer spell checker??) And if I read Gregs post correct..it may be a gammahooched hot water ca'tridge...not a cartarage. Harrumph! In any case..snatch up yer wrenches and shut off the water supply and remove the hot water thinga-ma-giggy from the tub/shower. Now grab a flashlight and look close inside the hole....something is in there preventing water from flowing. A bit of CAREFUL pokin' an proddin' in there might be needed to find the problem. Now, while ya got all the parts out..go yonder to Home Depot or Lowes with the parts in yer hand and ask the nice man/woman there fer some assistance. Show them the parts ya took out!! Install the new parts and enjoy a hot shower or bath. Gitter done! Audie..the grammatickackally correk Oldfart....;)
Greg

Audi, OK I made the nessary corrections, combination of fat fingers, and in a hurry make for mispelling. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."