Follow-Up To StickDown Floor Tile

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DavidW

There was a long thread on flooring back in April, 2008. (The thread is locked. I guess that means no more posts allowed.)

viewtopic.php?t=2581&start=15&postdays= ... highlight=

In that thread I stated I would follow-up on any problems with the Cryntel 12 x 12 stickdown tiles that were put down over the OEM vinyl flooring.

One minor problem: I have noticed a separation in two high traffic areas. One of the tiles in each place is actually sliding sideways about a tenth of an inch (.100"), thus causing a gap.

In both places it's tile that is adjacent to the partial tile next to a wall.

The fix I came up with was to pull up and discard the full tile that had moved. Remove the baseboard moulding and the partial tile that goes under the baseboard. Install a new full tile and partial tile.
Tack the edge of the partial tile with small nails, near the wall edge so the moulding, when replaced, will cover the nails.

I figure if I can keep the tile under the baseboard from slip-sliding (due to heavy foot traffic) then the full tile will not have any place to go. But I'll be watching it to see.

Otherwise, I have had absolutely zero problems with this durable tile. It's now over 2.5 years old. I'm pleased with it. I'd do it again.

On another subject, same thread, the Cryntel tile (same as the floor tile) I put on the bathroom counter is doing very well and shows no wear and tear.

I now plan on doing the kitchen counter with this same stone-look Cryntel tile. I'll post some photos before and after.
Trudi

David, thanks for updating. I'm looking forward to your pics.