Question about removing heater closet cage

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Bella29

my mother paid to have the duct work redone on her mobile home and was stiffed.the guys removed the cage in the heater closet and were supposed to bypass it somehow.long story short there are 2 sets of wire coming out of the floor next to the drip pan.a set of 6 awg and a set of 10 awg wires and also a set of thermostat wires.is there a way i can hook the heat up without the cage?There are 2 breakers and arelay with thermostat wires hooked to it in the bottom of the cage,please help!
Robert

Hi,

Not sure what you're referring to as a cage ????

What is furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Bella29

Hey Robert,
Sorry i meant the cage for the A/C that holds the blower...located in the laundry room of her trailer. I'll have to call and ask her what the model number is...but there is not a blower in the cage, so I'm not sure how its working without it...?

thank you for your response
Robert

Hi,

Are you talking about the squirrel cage/ blower wheel ? If so, you cannot operate heat or a/c without it.

With all you've stated, not sure of what help I can be from here.

Sounds like you're going to need an honest and reputable hvac contractor to advise in person after seeing what was done.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Bella29

thank you for your help...I have someone I'm gonna get to take a look at it..
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert