Finally! HGTV did a mobile home!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

sd0321

The other day I was watching the Home and Garden Channel, and there was a couple looking for a place in Key West (I think it was) Florida....they ended up buying a mobile for an outrageous price, 250 thousand I think.......and it didn't look so different from mine on the outside.

Inside was a lot nicer. But they showed the improvements the couple made.....I thought that was really neat, closest thing I've seen to HGTV doing anything outside of a stick built home was houseboat makeover in order to sell the houseboat for top dollar...... well, besides the occasional cave houses and tree houses, etc.......

I have cable TV and when I hooked it up here when I moved in, well, I didn't want any extra equipment....guy said I had to have a "box" to get 5 channels that I'm paying for, I said no thanks....but one of those channels is 69, and when I look at the menu of what is coming on this channel has a show called "Mobile Home Disasters" on their lineup. Anyone watched this? What is it about?

And Audie, if you happen upon this....I want you to know that my computer chair sits right over a heat vent. Yeah. And you wrote that you think mice use the ductwork as a subway system. That they jump out at the heat vents. I'd move my computer desk if there was any other outlet near a phone connection in this place. And hungry cats are not an option. Mine are getting good and plump and have lots of energy. And not declawed. I haven't seen a mouse yet......and I hope I make it through the winter without ever seeing one.....I'd rather see a snake than a mouse. Sherry
Yanita

Hey Sherry,

I have seen the show a few times. Was really not that impressed. Per usual with these type shows they spend more time with bull and then the big reveal...which is generally nice but does not show how they got to the improvements.

I do remember one episode where they order a large sofa, huh, it would not fit thru the standard mobile home door.

I have seen some where I am skeptical on what they have done simply by not seeing what was done structurally to sustain the new roofs, attached screen porches etc....

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

OH STOP!!! It's just like the internet, if you see it, it MUST be true!! Just don't check back in a year or two. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Arlo

I saw that HGTV show a few months ago. It was waterfront in the FL Keys. The buyer was a builder and he essentially rebuilt the place on the old mobile frame. Tile floors, etc. If I recall correctly they were looking for a home for $500000 before they settled on the $250000 fixer upper. "Mobile Home Disaster" is on Country Music Television. If you go to CMT.com and look for the show you can see photos of some of the homes they've done. They look great but watching the show it's all "comedy" about the home owner's living conditions. Very annoying to me. They never show how any of the work is actually done. And they never do homes outside of California. But you can still go look at the pictures.
WildIrish

sd0321 wrote:I'd rather see a snake than a mouse. Sherry
I've actually seen both, LOL. I like the garter snakes, but they try to avoid me. :)

We've only had one mouse, but we found it in our washer--when it was nearly filled with water and wet laundry! No way could I use a mousetrap there. I've seen what mousetraps can do, and I wouldn't want mouse blood all over our clothes, if I caught it with the trap. And I sure wouldn't want to take off a finger, if I lost my grip in the soapy water!

Plus, the little critter was looking up at me so pitifully, that it turned me soft. :lol:

I managed to catch it in an empty margarine container (with the lid on!). If I'd opened it to kill the mouse, it would've just gotten away. So we drove a little way out of town and let the little guy go. He didn't just run, he took off in leaps and bounds, LOL!

Fortunately, we haven't been bothered since...but if we do get any more mice, we'll have an excuse to adopt a cat! :D
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]