Kenmore Washer wont work

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

freebird62

Ok, so after the holiday it is time to clean the laundry, when after putting clothes in, the washer fills up with water but doesn't start the cycle on any of the three different cycles. This washer is only 3 years old. I have checked the circuit breaker and nothing is tripped. The outlet has power--per my tester.
SO anyone PLEASE tell me what am I missing? Is this a silly thing I am not seeing or what?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't have the funds to pay for a Repair man to come out!

Kenmore Mod # 110.24642600
Ser # CR4596560

Thanks!!
Janet
Greg S

It may be a defective lid switch. You should be able to find info on the net by searching: Washer repair Kenmore.
Sorry I can not be of more help I am just on my way out. I'll check back on Monday for an update.
freebird62

I have found that part on the washer and online to purchase. The problem I am having is trying to open the washer up to remove the part to replace. I am a single mom with only myself as repairwoman!!!
Which isn't saying alot.................I know it is an obvious repair job to most men, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any clues????? Thanks!
Greg

Usually on a top load washer there is a latch where the front & top meet. I have used a screw driver to get it to pop, a slight twist between the two is all it should take. just be careful not to chip the paint if that is important to you. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."