Interior wall painting

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

sharon.72064

Hi, finally have gotten around to taking advice I have learned from this site, & put it to use! I have the batton strips on walls, and the 3" wooden look strips with flowers on ceiling. I have completed the one bathroom and my office. I taped first, primed, put drywall compound on with trowel, then took roller and rolled from top to bottom, going over again & again until I got the texture I wanted. Let dry 24 hrs, very lightly took drywall sandpaper thing and gently sanded off peaks, than primed again, when dry, I painted. I LOVE it. EXCEPT, It has been 4 days and the paint comes off very easily when something knocks against it or even touches it (on the peaks which do not stick out, since they were sanded.) I used Behr semi-gloss paint. Does paint need to cure for a longer time and allow it to harden??? Thanks in advance
Yanita

HI,

Well you did your texturing differently than I did,not to say you did it wrong though. There are many ways to do it.

As for the paint peeling, if it is on the peaks, (even) though they are sanded they still might be a bit high and are getting broke with hit/rubbed up against.

Each coat of paint should get 24 hours of curing (drying time) between coats.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!