Glueless vinyl

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Trickey280

We fond this stuff, cheap, at the home improvement store. We were skeptical. My SIL put it in her kitchen and bathroom. They had left over so we put it our front bathroom. We tore up the old tiles, patched the floor to make even, laid it down and put trim up. It has held up great, it is in the bathroom everyone uses and my kids use to shower in so it has handled water. I just thought I would put it out there that this stuff is great!!!
Harry

Hi

I'd like to check it out. What brand is it?

Thanks

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
68Marlette

Hi all,
There are various glueless vinyls on the market. Some are loose lay and some are modified loose lay. I work at a Lowe's and have a flooring background. The perimeter is trimmed 3/16 to 1/4 inch from any vertical obstruction.. walls, pipes..and covered up with qtr round. Special double sided tape is used in doorways, under appliances or heavy furniture and along any seams for the modified loose lay. Floor can buckle if there is a pinch point and it does not hold up to anything on wheels, such as wheelchairs or chairs with casters. There is no rip, tear or gouge warranties common to traditional full spread vinyl. It is a great DIY project and because it is glueless you can get away without a perfect subfloor. Just remember....there is virtually no floor that will install over particle board!
Jim