wall mount for flat screen.

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lmneary

I have a 24" flat screen TV. Would my walls, in a 1977 mobile home, be able to hold up the wall mount with the TV?

thank you
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

Is your installation going to be on an interior wall or an exterior wall? "Assuming" your exterior walls are at least 2x4, you should be fine, but I say that with hesitantly.

How much does the set weigh? Will the wall mount unit secure to both studs dead center?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Arlo

Your flatscreen should be fairly light weight. I hung a 32" on an exterior wall. You need to make sure you know where the studs are. They are fairly easy to locate in the old wood panel walls. My place is pretty old too. The hanging kit I got at Walmart had all the bolts needed. It even had a level with it but I also double checked it with my own. I guess in a mobile it can be level with the world but look wonky if your house is not level. It did require use of a drill and ratchet wrench. I'm a middle aged woman and it didn't take me very long by myself. It took four bolts and it seemed adjustable a bit cause the studs were not exactly 16" apart as they should be. If you had really widespread framing you could cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to fit across studs and bolt the kit onto that. My TV is less than 35 lbs. Also Home Depot and Lowes will cut wood if you need it. Go for it!
mcspikes

Hi, I am a bit late with this reply but I just found this site. I'm sure you have hung your tv by now (or not) but it should reassure you to know that I hung my 152 pound 55" inch flat screen on a wall in my 1976 Hollypark. I determined the location and then using a stud finder located the studs in the location area. I then drilled completely through the wall and center of the studs and used heavy bolts and washers to secure the mounting bracket. I was fortunate enough to have a closet directly behind the wall so the bolts and washers are hidden. Regardless of the location I would think that mounting a 24" flat screen would be no problem at all since it wouldn't come close to the 152# of my tv. Happy Thanksgiving. Mike