Stupid screws!

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

checotah

I have a 79 Schult home and the original structure has screws in it that I can not find a bit for. I have looked everywhere but of course I don't usually have one to take with me to the store, because by the time I get it out it's destroyed. I used to have a old needlenose plier that was tweeked that worked, but I've lost them.
I'm working on my closets and these screws are everywhere. Sure makes a simple project frustrating!
JD
Site Admin

Weird screws on mobile homes are usually Robertson (square) or clutch (bow tie). Take a look here to see if this is what you have.

Type of Screws

You can get them here for $1.50 plus shipping.

ToolSource.com - Clutch Bit

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
checotah

Thanks!! I used to have a slotted bit that fit but after a while it broke off. I will try again tomorrow with the info. I appreciate the help!! Nothing like getting totally frustrated when you are trying to accomplish something.
Greg

Check the Home centers or Sears, they should have them, possibly in a set. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
WildIrish

I got them in 3 different sizes at Ace Hardware. :)
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]