Sweetening water in holding tank on motorhome

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Harry Reynolds

I have used clorox in the water twice and still get an odor after
running it through all the lines. I even purchased a bottle to add to the water. BUT I STILL get a chemicle smell. Can I put baking soda in the water to sweeten it up a little and get rid of the odor ??

I do NOT drink this water. I just wash in it occasionaly and use it for the dishes.

Thank You . Harry .
DP

Harry, I do not know brand names but know that the Marine industry makes products to remove odor/bad taste from Boat water systems. You may try visiting a boating store and asking what they recommend.
Greg

Hi & welcome. Try a charcoal whole house filter. Any home center, even Walmart has them. They are an inline filter so all water has to pass through it. It may not take 100% of it but it should help. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
steve

Go to Camping World..they have everything you need
mokehillannie

Are you talking about the black and gray water holding tanks in a motor home?

If so, the advice from Steve about going to Camping World is good. Any RV place should have the chemicals to put in the holding tanks.
Harry Reynolds

Greg wrote:Hi & welcome. Try a charcoal whole house filter. Any home center, even Walmart has them. They are an inline filter so all water has to pass through it. It may not take 100% of it but it should help. Greg
Harry Reynolds

Hi, I want to thank all of you for repling. THANK YOU ALL