Painting the Bathroom

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lonepalm

I am looking for tips/advice for what we need to do to paint the bathroom. We just bought this home a few months ago, it was built in 2005 so still fairly new. We are planning on doing the repairs/upgrades we want one room at a time, and I'm almost ready for the master bath to be done, except I hate the walls and want to paint them blue! My husband was totally against it, but I think I've finally convinced him it needs to be done so now I'd like to show him I have info on how to do it!

This is the current bathroom -- not bad at all, but the walls don't match my colors for that bathroom.

Thanks for any info!!
Yanita

Hi,

Yes you can paint successfully. Wash the walls with TSP, rinse well. Let dry completely prime with your choice of primer. My favorite primer is Kilz Premium. May need to do a couple of coats, let each coat dry completely then paint with interior latex.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
lonepalm

Thanks for the info :) What about the seams in the wall? I thought I read somewhere that you could take those out and fill with something?
Yanita

Yes, there are many threads on the wall battens...I personally think they are better left in place, but that is just my opinion.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!