despratley need skirting options...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Loki

I have the cheap plastic skirting they give you when you buy the mobile home and due to our winds, nieghbor hood dogs and my own dogs the weedeater etc...I need to replace mine. I was looking at www.stonecote.com for their product and they gave me a qutoe of 3200 for material and install on 68x28 and a 14x22 deck. It is a good product great option but way to expensive for my budget. I was thinking of going with the metal like what is used on barn roof the galvanized silver color tin. But concerned with looks as is the wife. The nieghbors just put up hardiboard for theirs it looks good but my concern with that product is longevity. I have seen some others in the nieghbor hood with hardiboard skirting that looks like it has been through heck and back and my trailer park is only 7 years old. has anyone got any good nice looking cost effective methods hopefully with pictures...
flcruising

I'm in the process of skirting our house with 2X10 run horizontally. I just started attaching a 2X12 band board now with a water table on top to the outside of the rim joist, and will attach p.t. wood to that on the back side, the bottom of which will be concreted into the ground. This is what the 2x10s will attach to with about 1" space between. Our house is almost 5' in the air, so I have more material cost than most, but I'll definitely take pictures as I go.

My estimates for material alone are about $800 with me doing all the labor. That includes the prime/paint supplies also. It is alot of work, but I think the end result will look great.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Yanita

Hi Loki,

Check in the Articles link, you will find one titled "A Better Skirting Idea".

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I have (some of) the steel that Mark used, great stuff, Weedeater proof, animal & wind proof. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."