RAISING MY ROOF VENTS

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Can anyone give me some instruction on how to raise both my water heater vent & the furnace vent on the roof ? This past winter when going up to the house on the weekends I had at one point over 3' of snow on the roof, Needless to say it was a challenge to find the vents wirh a roof rake under that kind of snow depth. I didn't feel comfortable going to sleep untill I saw steam rising from the vent knowing it was finally uncovered. I don't want to deal with this next year, any suggestions ???
Greg

I doubt there would be a problem extending the height of the vents. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."

Greg: Thanks for the reply, I didn't think there would be a problem extending them, The problem is I'm not sure how to do it !! :). can I buy pieces of vent at a home improvement store and pop rivet an extension on, or ???.... What's the process ?? Thanks
flcruising

The vent for gas appliances will be a single wall pipe, or a double wall "B" vent. You just need to determine which you have, and find the appropriate size at the hardware store. Then take off your vent cap on the roof and add a new section of pipe to it with self tapping screws. Simple as that.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]

Thanks very much for the reply, Thats what I was hoping to hear....