Bathroom sink cabinet?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

Do you know of an "Inexpensive" source for sink cabinets?

My space is 43" wide,but I could make filler strips on either end. Unasembled is fine.

The old one I have now has only a front frame for the doors and no end or back panels. I mean it is the cheapest I've ever seen.
Also, if the (wood?) gets wet it expands like some kind of alien organism you see in movies.

It is also only 29 1/4" high, including the top surface, which is fine for midgets or me if I kneel on the floor.

I might have to get a kitchen base cabinet and cut it down.

Any ideas?
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Trudi

Hi Lorne,
I 'm not sure how much space you have, but I actually used a kitchen base cabinet WITHOUT cutting it down, because I wanted the height. I bought an unfinished sink base at a salvage store, and painted it myself. I even found a damaged piece of counter top, with enough usable space for my purpose, after cutting off the bad part. Turned out pretty good, though nothing fancy.
Lorne

Duh, why didn't think of that.
There is a Habitat for the Humanities warehouse not too far from here.
That might just do it. Thanks for the ideas.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Trudi

You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.
Lorne

This is what I'm replacing.

I think the material is a type of cardboard. If you look at the lower left you will see a budge. It must have gotten wet at some time in the past 21 years and puffed up.

I slapped some Kilz on it to hold until I get a new cabinet.
I might wait until I get to replacing the "telephone Booth sized Shower" and kill 2 birds with one stone.

It's too hot and humid to play outside, so I working on inside projects.
Greg

Looks like mush board to me. I would look for a 36" base cab. and add the filler strips to match. If you can find a sunco dealer near you look at their cabinets, low price, good quality. All solid wood, no partical board. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lorne

We have a "Habitat for the Humanities" warehouse here in Myrtle Beach off Seaboard street.

They usually have tons of cabinetry and they just had a sale.
I got a 42" x 21" Vanity base cabinet with 2 drawers and 2 doors for only $30. Brand new in a box. Go figure.

We're not talking imported hard woods. Just plain white, but it is 100% better then what the original was.
I have to cut off some ABS drain pipe in order to get it installed, because the pipe comes out of the floor and the rejoin it with a coupler.

I thought of just removing the cabinet back but it wouldn't look as good.

I'll post a photo later.
Trudi

Good deal! I love the Habitat Store where I live, but didn't know about the one in Myrtle Beach. We have a mh in Little River, which needs some attention, so that's good to know. Thanks, and I'll be looking for your pics.
Lorne

Added a $39 China sink and a $39 Faucet, but kept the Formica Top for right now. If I can find a $39 stone top I'll get it. yeah right. This will do fine.

If you get one of these "Bargain Types" they will be light weight and without glue in the joints, which I found out. So I added glue.
I still need to add trim strips.

At least this one has sides, back and drawers.
The old one had a Front panel and a floor in the bottom held up with 4 OLD 2x4's and nailed to the wall. This double wide must have sold for $5000 new.

I can't believe what they get for vanities. Some as high as $3000. I just want to wash in it, not live in it.

Next comes a new shower..........maybe next year.

Have a great day.
Trudi

QUOTE: Added a $39 China sink and a $39 Faucet, but kept the Formica Top for right now. If I can find a $39 stone top I'll get it. yeah right. This will do fine.

Hey, there's always paint to make it LOOK like stone. :lol: Seriously, it looks very nice. You got some good deals there.

QUOTE: I can't believe what they get for vanities. Some as high as $3000. I just want to wash in it, not live in it.

LOL, ain't it the truth!!!?[/b]