Intertherm model MMHB-090ABHR-06 gas regualtor problems?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mlprus8890

Hey y'all, just bought a repo 1997 doublewide, put it on a basement, plummed everything up and the furnace wouldn't work. Draft inducer. Just replaced the draft inducer earlier today, fired the furnace up, it turned the ignitor on, turned the gas on, ignited, turned the ignitor off, five to ten seconds later gas shuts off. Draft inducer doesn't stop running during all of this(it does if I turn the thermostat down) about 30 seconds after the gas shuts off it goes through the whole process again. Same thing. I turned the gas shut-off valve down to where it was closed 3/4 of the way. Ignitor turns on, gas turns on, ignitor turns off, gas stays lit. It stayed lit for as long as I could endure standing around watching and listening(about two hours.) There is no flame sensor on this unit, I looked everywhere, there isn't a spot on the controller for one either. Could the regulator be at fault for this? This is a natural gas furnace, it has natural gas hooked to it now, it had natural gas hooked to it at the park where we got it from. This is a heat and a/c unit. I believe the trailer sat for about 7 months or more with no service turned on. Any help is very appreciated. Frustrated and confused. :?
Robert

Hi,

The ignitor is also the flame sensor. When burner shuts off like that, see if gas valve is still getting 24-28vac at the GV terminals.

If not, then the problem is electrical and/or safety issue.

Most common is the ignitor/flame sensor.

If you need a price quote, let me know.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mlprus8890

Thanks Robert, that's exactly what was wrong. I failed to mention that I replaced the ignitor, it wasnt exactly a direct fit. After tweaking it just a bit, it was right in the flame path and the furnace was running like new. Thank you, and yes, I would like a price quote for an ignitor, always good to have a spare handy. :wink:
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Ignitor # 902661A @ $41.85 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and order through Paypal from right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

Let me know if outside the U.S. for added ordering info.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?