Has any one used these stick-on tiles before?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Serena

I'm thinking of trying these over my bathtub instead of painting.

Anyone tried these???

http://www.stickandgo.com/index.shtml

Thanks much. :)
Yanita

Hi,

I personally do not recommend any type of peel and stick tiles in the bathroom, whether it be above the shower surround or the floor. The bathroom is a moisture filled area.

If you are looking for something decorative you could get tile board at Lowe's that like like ceramic tiles etc...or another alternative is sheet vinyl. Although I have seen this done I have also seen where the moisture from the room has created further problems once the moisture has gotten under that.

JMO,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Koiflowers

I looked at the site. They are beautiful. But, I noticed that the link to the bathroom application was vague. They say the tiles are "moisture and heat resistant." While they may work above the garden tub, I'd steer clear of a shower scenario. If they worked that well in a wet application, they would have gone into more detail in the video for the bathroom. Did you notice the complete lack of information in that one video?

Also I figure that if they will stick to existing tile, as the site says, they will most likely stick to vinyl wallboard, too.

They are expensive. Those are very small, thin tiles for the per-piece price. I kept thinking to myself as I watched the video that they looked just like the vinyl tiles we lay on our floors and buy for 98 cents a piece at Lowe's, just much smaller with a different pattern.

But, if you ever moved your home they would probably survive the trip in better shape than real ceramic or stone tile. I would consider using it in a kitchen backsplash application.

When someone tries it, then we'll know for sure.