Two light switches for aluminum wire

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Peter

Anyone know where i can buy a single light switch with two switches on it for aluminum wire. I went to homedepot they have the one but for copper and the one for aluminum then it has only one switch on it.
The single one but with two switches on it to turn on and off for two different lights.

Thanks
Demolition

Quite often, mobile home parts are different than regular house parts.
See if there is a mobile home supply store in your area.
You may even call a mobile home dealer and they can direct you to a MH Supply Store..
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
JD
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I may not understand your question correctly, but it sounds like you want two switches on one wall plate. Wall switches, standard or co/alr come as single switches. For a 2 switch setup, you would put 2 switches in a standard double gang box. Here is the co/alr switch.

If you are not experienced at electrical work, it is important that you hire a qualified electrician or contractor to do your electrical work. Electrical work is not a learn DIY kind of thing.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Peter

Hi JD,

Yes i want a two switches on one wall plate like the original one that i already had like the picture here if i put 2 switches in a double gang box then i have to cut the wall bigger,I just only want to replace the switch.

Thank you

JD
Site Admin

oooooo that may be a tough one to find. Kind of like computer technology. Very hard to find support for Windows 95, ME etc. When they quit using aluminum wire in homes, the profit in parts dried up.

There is probably one out there, but I could not find one. Good luck to you.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Try one of the electrical supply wholesalers in your area. There is always Grangers, but don't look for any deals. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."