No heat Nordyne E2EB-015HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

the terrys

Hey guys, i got a question for ya i have been experiencing no heat from my unit, at first i thought it was my seqencer so i replaced it and still no heat... my heat strips work fine but i know just running that will pretty much double my bill but after further looking i noticed that my fan on the outside a/c unit was not running and i have a split system, so after that i tried to run the a/c and same problem no cold air and no fan running on the unit outside.... now their is a humming noise on my outside unit and it is comming from my fan trying to start. Then once every like 5 min i think that timed delay relay tries to start the condenser but it wont come on. Is this because of the fan not running ? dont know if it wont work because the fan is not running? now i tried to start the fan with a stick and bumpped it, i did get then fan to start running but at a very low rpm and the humming stopped from the fan and then waited to see if the condencer would come on but the contacts closed and still nothing ...... now on the condenser i tested the volts and got 120 on every lead and 240 across.
so could this be a capacitor problem, it does control the fan and condenser, or could it be low on freon and not start .. it is also a goodman manufacturing a/c unit
Robert

Hi,

Ok, need to clarify here. Is your a/c a Heat Pump unit ? If not, it is not supposed to run for heat.

IF it is, then it is supposed to run down to around 35-40 degrees outside temp, then inside heating elements take over.

So need to know what you have in order to know what should be working.

With all stated, may be in best interest for you to call a tech, especially if you have a HP.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

If you have one big run capacitor for both fan and compressor, then see if it is swollen or has bulges or any bad wires connected to it.

DO NOT touch the terminals.

Capacitors can hold a fatal charge even when unit is off.

If this just suddenly happened, I would get a dual run cap and see if it helps, if not call the Tech.

A bad dual run cap can cause those symptoms.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?