What the..? anyone seen this before?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mopower440

ok, i have a double wide oakwood home, it has cathedral ceilings in it. ok, i cut out a peice of the sheetrock ceiling to replace it with a patch panel and it looks that instead of screwing the sheetrock ceiling to the bottom of the trusses the sheetrock is glued up there with that spray foam insulation! There is 3/4 inch of this spray foam between the sheetrock and the truss and i can stick a screwdriver through the foam between the 2..how can that be? how could they ever get the ceiling even all the way across like this?
Jim from Canada

Our 1984 redman has the same. Easy and fast in the factory, all built in jigs on the floor, then slapped together. Saves hiring skilled labour.

Jim
Greg

Never seen it, but I don't doubt it! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mopower440

how do they get each panel even with the next one if they just goop up 3/4-1" of spray foam and slap the panel up against it?
Manitoba Bill

mopower440 wrote:how do they get each panel even with the next one if they just goop up 3/4-1" of spray foam and slap the panel up against it?
The key word above may be "up". It's hard to think diff. but some roofs are made upside down at the factory and raised and flipped down on top of the pre-built walls. Makes it easier for the workers.

http://mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/album ... ser_id=108
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hey Manitoba Bill,

Great pic...Thanks!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!