combustion blower motor stuck closed

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jrnjd

I have a coleman DGAA077BDTA with a flashing green light (3 times) and I know where the combustion blower motor is but I cannot figure out how to get it out. I can unscrew the 3 screws but I cannot get it out of the hole :( . Can you help me please?
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

I am going to move this thread as we have an HVAC forum, Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning.

Robert or HVAC will gladly answer your questions.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi,

Do you have the diagnostic code list ?

If so, what does 3 flashes say ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jrnjd

3 flashes means the combustion air switch failed to close. Sorry, had the wrong info.
jrnjd

Thanks Yanita, this is an awesome site, lots of good info.
Robert

Hi,

This could be due to the combustion motor air intake pipe being clogged or loose/damaged.

Combustion motor not running at full speed.

The two silicone tubes connected to pressure switch being clogged, loose or damaged.

The Pressure Switch being faulty.

Usually just the pressure switch, but not always. If motor runs strong and tubes are connected tight and clear, probably a bad pressure switch.

Pressure Switch # 024-27666-001 @ $39.99 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Scroll down left side to locate, click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, please add to cart and order through Paypal or

call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jrnjd

Intake pipe is not loose or damaged, I will check for clog. I cannot tell if the motor is running by the sound of it but I can apply pressure manually to the switch and the furnace will run for 1 cycle. Can I apply 110 voltage to the motor to test or is there a different way to test, also is there a way to test the switch?
jrnjd

No clog, pipe is clear. It has to be iether the combustion blower motor or the air switch. Any advice how to test both?
Robert

Hi,

Unplug the connector at motor or disconnect the two wires at motor after turning power OFF.

Then turn power back on and test the two wires to see if it is sending 120vac to motor.

You or someone should be able to hear the motor start up more so than when running.

You can use an ammeter to test amperage, remove tubes from switch to see if there is any negative or positive pressure by placing finger over end of tubes.

To test switch IF motor is running, remove the two wires, wait a minute after call for heat, then do ohm test across the switch terminals to see if the contacts closed or remained open.

Most likely, you have a bad switch which can be ordered from above link.

Thanks,
Robert
jrnjd

You are probabaly right about the switch and I am glad because it is the easier of the two to change. I will do the checks just to make sure, not to second guess you but satisfy my own curiosity.
Robert

Hi,

You should do those tests, IF the motor is not running, the switch will not close.

Robert
Yanita

Hi,

Your welcome.

Take some time to familiarize yourself with the site. Lots of great folks here with alot of knowledge.

Feel free to use all the forums we offer, and please check out the links in the grey task menu above, even more info there. Don't forget to complete your profile!

Look forward to helping you in the future!

Oh yeah, one more thing, if you are not familiar with MH repairs, we also have a MH Repair Manuel that is available in the BOOKS/PARTS link.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
jrnjd

OK, I have confirmed that the combustion blower motor is not coming on even with direct 110 voltage. It makes a loud humming noise but does not rotate. That is what I was affraid of as it costs 3 times what an air switch does and I cannot figure out how to get it out of the pipe, any suggestions :cry:
jrnjd

I was checking out the repair manual and I am going to purchase one as I will definately make use of it.
Robert

Hi,

Booster Assembly with Motor # 373-19801-820 @ $159.52 + $12 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Scroll down left side to locate.

Now, for removal, you may want a Tech here possibly.

Go below motor assembly to gas valve and air box.

You have to remove gas valve assembly, then remove the air box.

Be careful to not damage the air box gasket.

Then remove screws and wires and slide combustion motor assembly out.

Gotta run, will check back tonight.

Robert