Access panel for garden tub

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 pm

This is my first post. I have a 1996 double wide with a garden tub in the master bath. The apron was covered with carpet. I found an a previous post how to remove the carpet and I’m now looking at the panels underneath it. I want to create an access panel, so I can replace my current faucet with two handles with a faucet with one handle. I’m updating the bathroom. I don’t like having the two handles on the Formica edge around the garden tub. Has anyone ever done this? I’m not sure what I’ll find underneath the apron panels and was hoping somebody else might be able to let me know what to look for and avoid in this process. I will be replacing the deck edging with something closer to the height of the garden tub edge. I will also be creating a different skirt for the tub. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post