Emergency (Aux) Heat comes on W/O being called too

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

istvv4848

E2EB-15HB Have Heat Pump in Manufactured home with the Blower unit in a closet w/o box around it. Last year the Aux Electric heat would come on if you cut the thermostat up more that 1 degree. The AC repair guy said a relay was bad, replaced and all was fine until now. Again if the heat just comes on 90% of the time(even last night with 38 temp) just the heat pump runs. If I cut it up more that 1 degree the Aux heat comes on as well as every now and then w/o calling for it it will come on when the heat pump comes on! The only relay I see on the diagram is the blower relay. Which part or relay do I need to change as I don't have 130.00 plus 20.00 for the relay this year as disabled. I also do not want a 400.00 electric bill ....please help. I am comfortable working on the elec, just do not know which relay to replace. This system has 2 heating elements and has a breaker to the "B" element so you can cut 1 element off.