mobile home skirting cost

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

terrifromohio

They are charging me 1200.00 to put vinyl skirting up on a 14 by 70 mobile home, is that about the going price? I felt like that was little high. I can only find one place that will even do it, so maybe thats why its so high?
Greg

We need a little more information from you. First, Whereabouts are you? Prices vary throughout the country. Is this purchase & install or just install? What type of skirting? They run from plain white to stone/brick look.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
terrifromohio

It is a purchase and install, they are buying the skirting kit I would guess and then installing it. There are two small porchs, they are only skirting one. I am in Ohio.
ponch37300

I guess if there's only one company that will do it then that's the going price. Did you try calling some mobile home part stores, even if they're not local a lot of them around here will travel to do these kind of things. Our nearest one is almost an hour away and I see their trucks around every once in a while. Did you try asking other MH owners who did theirs? You might be able to find a friend of a friend to do it for cheaper. Just make sure they do good work.

I don't know what the "going rate" is and like mentioned it can vary by location and also things like how high the home is off the ground and type of skirting and top and bottom tracks and how they are going to secure the bottom track to the ground.
Steve-WA

In Washington, just materials costs nearly $1K, so 1200 maybe not so bad
calderhill

Here in mid-state NY, Lowes carries the skirting and trim. If you have a Lowes nearby and they don't stock it, you can order it on-line and pick it up at the store. I can't give you an estimate without knowing the height of what you need.
calderhill

I decided I can give you an estimate of sorts :mrgreen: $3.50/ft for white, vertical, heavy duty vinyl panel, 24" height, bottom ground strip, top lock strip and top cover strip. I never looked at their on-line materials until now. They do have other types of skirting also. Take a look. Degree of difficulty for install: 1, otherwise I couldn't have done mine :shock:
JD
Site Admin

At $1200, I would say you have a great price for a quality contractor to do it. In my area, you are looking at $8 per LF minimum, which would be $1344. Then are they skirting the decks or steps with the home? The length of the deck or landing is a wash, since that skirting won't be going on the home itself, but the extension of the deck and extra skirting and work for steps should be added to total LF.

Also, there are different prices for the skirting itself. A virgin vinyl product like T-Loc cost more than recycled vinyl such as LifeStyles. Brands carried by your local supplier may be different manufacturers than these, but the price difference should still be applicable.

When I install skirting, there is usually an additional charge to mount the skirting on pressure treated lumber.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.