Metal roof

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

CountryLiving34

Hi friends,
I need some advice. I need to replace the roof on my mother's double wide mobile home. The home is 16 years old and has shingles on it. I am thinking about one of those metal roofs. A roofing guy came by and gave me an estimate of 7 grand to replace the existing shingles with new ones. I think the metal roof will be more. What are the advantages, if any, going with the metal roof versus new shingles? I am going to post a link at the bottom. This company guarantees the roof for as long as we live in the mobile home. The website also says this roof should help to reduce my monthly electric bill due to better insulation. Is this true or not? Does anyone here have a metal roof? I plan on living in this mobile home until I die. I can't afford anything else or anything new so this is it basically. Any input from anyone will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you for reading. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.roofover.com/index.html
1987Commodore

Properly installed metal will not have to be replaced again. Choose a light color, and the foam insulation under it will combine to reduce heat gain from the sun. It should make a significant difference in your heating/cooling bills. Someone in our park had a roof similar to the one in your link done on a single wide several years ago for $6000.
CountryLiving34

Thank you 1987Commodore for your reply. Much appreciated friend.