Anyone try seam tape?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

I came across seam tape today while searching for options for my wall panels. I wonder if once the tape is applied, then paint the wall, would you be able to see the seam tape underneath the paint?

Here is just one website that sells the tape:

http://www.all-rite.com/seam-tape-p-359.html

Thanks for input!
Greg

I have my doubts that it would work, but you could try one wall and see how it works.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I am certain you would see the profile of the tape, the ridge of the edges. Also as homes settle and go out of level, some of the seams could close up some, showing a wrinkle.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
ponch37300

I agree with Greg and JD that you would see it and it isn't your best option. Also from the link it costs 165 bucks for 150'! So you would get about 18 seams out of a roll. So a 70' long MH it would do one long side of seams, not taking into consideration windows and doors. But you would need multiple rolls for an average sized single wide. Would add up fast and probably not give you what you are looking for.