Total Remodel - Intro & Project 1: Master Bath

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

JeffInFL

Found out my 18v Ryobi circular saw won't cut thru the existing subfloor .. it just locks up about 1/8" into the plunge cut. Gonna see if I can borrow one from a family member. Did get 1/2 the yard cleaned up though .. everything was overgrown.
Greg

Really???? Check the blade and perhaps it's time to upgrade to the LI batteries if you don't have them. You do have to go S L O W but Mine cuts through it. You can also use the recip. saw.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

Any circular saw with a good blade should be able to cut 3/4" flooring. I have a dewalt 18v saw and it cuts good unless the battery is low or the blade dull or I bind the blade up by twisting the saw while cutting. Really sounds like you had a low battery or dull blade. I only use my cordless saw for quick cuts or places where an extension cord is a pain. Home depot has a Ryobi circular saw for 40 bucks. I would get a corded saw and a good blade. Good blades can make all the difference in the world and they don't cost too much more then the cheap blades.

When you cut the joist out for your drain make sure everything is supported good. Don't want to just start cutting floor joists out. They also make these offset shower drains that might work, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gs_r ... fF4AP-_4Fw.
JeffInFL

It very well could have been the battery or blade. I was able to borrow a corded saw and there's a new Plywood/OSB blade I'm going to try out next time I'm out there. Thanks for the info!