Installing Water Softener.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hello all, new here I search your database for info/help on installing water softener was surprised to find zero posts about it I guess most have it installed professionally? I was going to get a fleck, but decided to get a Kinetico off ebay got it cheap enough,
wondering were to place this rather cumbersome item decide to place it in shed. Here's some pic's still need a few more items like Brine drum/float, maybe an service called to tweak the system.
running through bypass valve pre-filter at this time until it's complete.

Here's some pic's.

gram2logan

Wow, that looks complicated! We bought ours at Lowe's and had it installed by the guy who owns the park we live in. He's a real handyman kind of guy and does all kinds of work for the residents. It's in our laundry room. There had already been one there but it was really old and non-functioning, so we bought the new one. The only thing we have to do is make sure there's salt in the tank. It cycles automatically, so we don't worry about that either.

I'm confused as to why the water is running on the ground outside in your picture. Can you explain that??

Good luck!
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Greg

Jim, the problem in a mobile is usually space, as you know there usually is not a lot of it. I think that if it is setup & works well in the shed I would leave it there. I am not sure if it is a pro or DYI job. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."

Thanks, The main line is on ground level and main shut off valve is buried about a half foot so due to limited space and for security reason decided to place it in the shed. I don't see why this can't be a D.I.Y project fairly easy working with PVC or Copper and not complicated just following installation instructions. installing a single tank like a fleck would have been a piece of cake. Brine tank on it's way.

Also Kinetico doesn't need electricity also so can be placed just about anywhere, regenerates using water pressure

I also uploaded some pictures of my Mobile home in my album if you want to take a look.