foundation venting

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Yanita

Good...but you are still going to need to reroute some water. Can you post a pic of under your home?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
lefties

ill try a pic tomorrow,,,doubt it will show much,,too dark
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Yanita

will be waiting, include some pics of any surface ground water that might be coming if that is happening.

Thanks...
lefties

ok yanita,,where do i post all these pics? Doesnt look like i have enough space. I can load on freehuntingpictures.com if needed
Yanita

Hey Leftie,

You can create your own album here on site. Go to the greyish blue task menu above click "album" and upload all you want...

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Yanita
lefties

ok yanita,,just finished raining,,i posted a few on outdoor projects
Yanita

Hi Leftie,

Yup, the pics are hard to see under the home...

In one of the pics I saw what I think is the vapor barrier edge? For a vapor barrier to be really effective it must be spread out from end to end and side to side. Each piece should be overlapped at least 6 inches and tuck taped. This includes bringing the edges up the skirting and the piers, we go about 6 inches up.

I noticed the extensions on your rain down spouts..we went a little further than, more work LOL. We added about 20 feet of pipe to the end of the downspouts and buried that under ground and directed it to the catch basin, which carries it completely away from the home. Not to say that yours are not functional. Just trying to get as much water away from your as quickly as possible.

So how many vents do you have in total? Do you have type of exhaust fan running under your home at this time? Is there any mold that is growing on the blocks inside there?

Thanks for the pics.

Yanita
lefties

No mold,,,turbo fan from menards blowing under forcing air circulation,,12 vents total 16x8 plus the 2x3 crawl hole screened. so far and gaining,,have 4 more to add but with winters here i dont want to add too much. Yup,,u saw visqueen barrier,,,duct tape would never stick under there,,too damp. I also have sump pump but it is shallower than piers due to hitting bedrock. Two piers always have a little puddle around them,,even when there isnt any other water. They are the closest to sump pump.