Need to find a local place for parts ie: doors

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rjenk68

Does anyone know a local place I can find a double outswing door? Don't want to pay $200 in shipping
JD
Site Admin

Well, this is going to be one of the toughest questions we have had. I am going to start the guessing off with ummm

Gary, Indiana.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site...

I looked for your profile so I could find the area that you live...nothing.

What kind of door are you looking for, a mobile home replacement door, or a traditional door?

We will need more info, the size door and where you are located.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
betty_joanne

Type into web search engine "mobile home parts alvin, tx" but replace alvin, tx with your city,state.

look in phone book.

If we had a city and a state we could help you out better.
Greg

I have to be honest, I have never even heard of a dbl. outswing door, let alone how one would work. It seems to me like they would get in the way of each other. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
rjenk68

Sorry about the confusion. I live in connecticut. I have tried online searchs and all I get is far away. I'm looking for an exit door which is a double outswing. Screen and solid door to replace old fiberglass core solid door.
betty_joanne

From here:
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/repair- ... cticut.php
Affordable Aluminum Products &
Mobile Home Repair
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860) 608-6183

American Mobile Home Service
Storrs Mansfield, CT 06269
(860) 487-5311

J & G Mobile Home Repairs
144 Arch Pkwy
Meriden, CT 06450
(203) 235-5776

Jay's Mobile Home Service
53 Jimmy Rd
Canterbury, CT 06331
(860) 546-6894

Connecticut Mobile Homes - Repair & Service
If you Own a company in Connecticut offering Mobile Home Repair & Service and would like to be listed on this site please email [email protected] for details

K D & Son's Mobile Home Service LLC
PO Box 508
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860) 564-1034

R & R Mobile Home Service
Po Box 552
Moosup, CT 06354
(860) 564-5658
rjenk68

Thank you for the local contractors....but I just put 18 new windows and a slider in myself. Just need to find the door I want locally, I'll put it in myself. Just can't stomach $200 in shipping alone.
Rob
rjenk68

By the way.....to JD this is a link to a double outswing door. They are very popular in Florida. And they do work....well!! But this place is in Alabama, $200 to ship is just nuts.

http://www.mobilehomeadvantage.com/sku. ... 60/ID/105/
JD
Site Admin

Hi rj

Greg was the one that was unsure of a double door. A double door does sound like a french door, but I was thinking you wanted a std door with a screen door attached.

I was the smart A guessing at your location.

R & R Mobile Home Service
(860) 564-5658 Plainfield, CT

These guys list themselves as parts suppliers, but I don't know anything about them. Might give them a try though. I know what you are talking about with the shipping though. Until just recently, we had to pay huge shipping on all doors. They are now available locally for me.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
rjenk68

Sorry about that JD yes , I meant Greg
Greg

Ok so we are talking a french type door. I had in my mind a single door with both the main & storm door opening out. It must be that I've been seeing too many "Red neck" pictures lately. Greg
JD
Site Admin

Hey Greg,

It is an outswing with a screen door attached. It like and RV door, only with square corners instead of radius.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Greg

I have never seen one. Must not be too popular up here. Greg