Hospital Stay and Some Major Down Time

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Maureen

Hey folks, I'm in the hospital, due to be released tomorrow. I'm on my nieces laptop and basically, I'm talking, she's typing!

The old MS kicked it's heals up big time last week. I have limited use of my hands right now, so work and typing are on the back burner for now. Not to mention a bunch of other things!

Sorry, since Ryan and Daniel are now gone, I have no other way to contact anyone. I do still have my mind and know how to find the site and my password. This will have to do for now! Warren's clueless to computers.

I'm fine for the most part! It's just an MS set back, we all have them from time to time. Mix of stress over the boys and a very early Winter. Hopefully, my hands will work again soon!

Looking forward to at least getting home to read the board!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Mark
Site Admin

Smokes -- sorry to hear about the setback. Get better and get your butt back home.

Oddly, winter is a bit late here. It's Oct 5 and we haven't turned on our heat yet. I can't ever remember a year making it to October without turning on the heat at least during the night.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!

Hi Maureen,
The two most important ladies in my life both have MS, so I know how unpredictable, disappointing and discouraging these flare-ups can be. Hang in there and hopefully you will be back to form and posting all that great advice of yours again soon. Hope you have a speedy recovery and wishing you all the best....Wayne
Yanita

Hey Maureen,

Sooo sorry about the set back! Just concern yourself with recovering, everything else will find a way to take care of itself.

Yeah you guys got winter storms early this year. I thought fall was here in the south east, I was mistaken. We did cool off to the point where I had the AC off for about a week...well its back to the mid 80's but very high humidity, darn, the AC is back on.

LOL, don't worry about not getting your projects at home done....I thought we had a lifetime to get them completed!

I know all about unexpected medical set backs. Tony has been in the hospital again twice in the past month..one was for his lungs, and yesterday he had a tumorous growth the size of a very large lemon removed from the back of his neck....thankfully the surgeon thinks it is a non cancerous fatty tumor, but it will be examined by the pathologist.

Two nights ago, my youngest son Mike was coming home at 3AM, foggy as heck, hit something that rocked the car pretty bad, glass went flying everywhere. He turned around to hopefully find what he had hit...a deer lay dead in the road! What a mess it made of his car, windshield, passenger fender, passenger door all need replacement! The deer ran into him!

Could car less about the car, but the pics really show how much damage a small deer can do, thankfully it did not come thru the passenger door window!

Anyways, you take care of yourself, and don't over do when you get home! LOL, you know me well so I guess that bit of advice will not go far...I am always over doing!

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Hi Maureen,

Sorry to hear about the setback. Get better soon.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Hang in there and get better, We'll hold the fort down untill you get back. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jim from Canada

Sending out a big prayer for you. Here in southern Ontario it is like summer and we regret putting away the air conditioners. Get well soon!

Jim
Busybee1952

Hi Maureen,
So sorry to hear about the MS. I know what it's like not to be able to use your hands and it's real frustrating. I hope this is over quickly!
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Harry

Hi Maureen

Do take care of yourself.

I wouldn't worry too much about them boys. The Army will take good care of them.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
altasnowman

Hi Maureen,
So sorry to hear about your set back,but chin up it will get better. altho i do not suffer from MS i understand what you are going through,as i got into the losing end of an arguement with a chain binder and lost resulting in shattered wrists. Get better and let the man upstairs do some of your worrying. take care, Rudy
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
Yanita

Hi,

Anybody heard from Maureen...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
macmom

wow I have missed alot. I am so sorry to hear you are not well Maureen. Time gets away in a hurry. I have been down but not out for a few months now. So I know how hard it can be. I never miss a day without reading the post. Just dont have the energy lately to respond. But with Maureen being sick I had to find the energy.
Please keep us posted. I will be praying for you. Macmom
Maureen

hey guys, home and recovering! typing with one finger ain't easy!

it's not the first set back I've had in 15 years, just the worst.

my niece jenny has helped me with most online stuff. I have done so much over the years online! from paying bills to staying in touch with everyone UGH!

am home and okay, just need to get through this bout!

both boys are okay. will stay in touch when i can

Maureen
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
JD
Site Admin

Thanks for the update Maureen. Glad to hear you are back home. I bet that is nice for you. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Robert

Hey Maureen,

Sorry to hear of this setback, just now reading about it. Been so busy of late, barely enough time to read the HVAC forums and answer the email questions concerning HVAC.

Glad you're home, don't rush things and get better.

This place will be ok while you heal up, get rested and recover.

Stay focused above and He will carry you through this in due time.

Visit when you can.

Take care and God Bless,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?