Pole Barn Kit

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hi

I am interested in this pole barn kit. Does this seem like a good deal?

POLE BARN KIT 20X24X10 $1995. includes 6x6 post pre - cut and marked lumber, engineered trusses, galvalume metal roof system and all the hardware. Gable end trusses covered with metal matching the roof. Free delivery to the Ocala area. Other sizes available.

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Mark
Site Admin

Sounds like a fair price to me. So what's with the pole barn -- got an RV to park underneath it?

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi

Park the boats.

Also I was thinking of enclosing part of one end and making a work shop/storage.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

Sounds like a real good deal to me....I paid 900.00 for a 2 car aluminum carport.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Sounds about right to me, but you can always do more shopping if you don't feel quite right about it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Hi Harry,

Sounds like a good deal to me. Just the engineered, pre-measured approved plan is worth quite a bit.

Question - Do these have the 2 major pole barn trusses and 2 gable ends, with the purlins going lengthways? If so, are the trusses bolted through the posts? And do they tell you how to lift them up to where they need to be?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi JD

I don't know. I think I'll call them and see if I can get ahold of the instructions/plans.

Harry