remove caulking from inside of stainless steel sink

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

betty_joanne

Who ever used caulking last in my trailer didn't clean up very well. There is dried chunky caulking or puddy in the stainless steel sink. There doesn't appear to be any actually down the drain just inside the sink. I have tried picking it out, using pliers(works better than fingers) and using the side of a plastic card(old library card). There is still some left. Any ideas? We don't have water yet so i can't get it "warm".

Would a razor blade damage the sink?
Greg

Betty, you could use a razor blade at a low angle to remove or at least cut through the worst of it. the nice thing about a stainless sink is that they are almost impossible to hurt. you may add a few scratches but that's about it. a green scotch pad may help also. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

As Greg said use a low angle with the razor blade. IF you use the razor blade or other scraper then put a little cooking oil on the area that you are working, this will help reduce the scratching. Should you get some deep scratches you can also use the cooking oil and a real fine steel wool to sand the scratches out. Always sand with the grain of the metal.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!