Cool roof-over, turned into deck

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

I was a t a mobile home park at the lake, doing an estimate on another home, when I noticed this pole barn style roof-over. The home was neat as a pin and this construction looked very good. I am sure it is a non-permitted building, which is pretty typical in this part of the county. You can see the stairs do not have baulisters. This building would never pass inspection, just because of that alone. But it looks very well built.

I put a big version of this picture in the Album under Exterior Structures. Just thought some of you might like to see this.

http://mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/album ... pic_id=755

JD

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

Looks like it would make a nice dog house for when I am in trouble with my wife but unfortunately it wouldn't last a northern Canadian winter.
Harry

Hi

Ran across this mobile home with a mobile roof-over. Note the chimney.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

It is hard to see, but the roof over extends to a pitched shingle roof out in front of the green deck. The little office thing is probably where they keep the beer and sandwiches.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hey JD,

Around here towards the beach areas there are alot of homes that have roof over decks. Some of them are real pretty, others just thrown together.

Thanks for the pic.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!